1-on-1 Tech Support
If you need a more timely answer to your question, need interactive help, or just some coaching on using your consumer technology, feel free to contact me for 1-on-1 Tech Support service. You can reserve an appointment time online, call toll-free 1-855-767-4835, or drop an email to Support@PosiTek.net. I keep regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm Eastern US time), and work on the appointment system similar to your doctor’s office – sorry, I’m not a 24/7 emergency room. I can help you over the phone, by live video chat (Apple Facetime, Google Hangout, Facebook Video Chat, Skype, etc.), by remote control to your computer (Mac or PC, with your permission), by email or text message, or in-person (if you are within the Washington D.C. metro area). My goal is not just a satisfied client, but one who is thrilled!
My service pricing is very simple:
- Initial consultation is free, where I learn about you and your needs
- Technical support service and coaching is all flat-rate priced at $50 US per each 15-minute block of time
- I don’t charge for the time that your computer is conducting scans, downloading and installing updates, etc. unless I’m on-site or otherwise actively using that time to help you
I accept payment over the phone with your credit card, as well as directly via Paypal or our own credit card processor. Current customers can pay online using my payment page.
For customers with ongoing needs, I do offer retainer payment arrangements with discounts:
- a 10-hour retainer is $2,000 paid up-front (retainer never expires until you use it up) gains you an extra 2 hours of support (10+2=12). That’s a 20% discount off my regular rate. You can order right from the payment page.
- a 20-hour retainer is $4,000 paid up-front (retainer never expires until you use it up) gains you an extra 5 hours of support (20+5=25). That’s also a 20% discount off my regular rate. You can order right from the payment page.
If you would like to give the gift of Practical Help to someone else, I offer gift certificates and can email one to your gift recipient. Just contact me to request one, or order one from my payment page. One hour of Practical Help is $200 and you can order gift certificates up to one year in advance. To order, visit my payment page and purchase one or more gift certificates, then email Support@PosiTek.net with the details of your gift recipient(s):
- recipient name
- recipient email address
- optional gift message
- date and time you want the gift certificate delivered.
Gift certificates will be delivered via email as close as possible to the date and time you request. Give the gift of Practical Help!
I can help you with just about anything in the world of consumer technology. Here are some examples:
- Protecting your Digital Life including cybersecurity and safe online behavior
- Computers (Mac and Windows PC) including printers, displays, webcams and other attached equipment
- Tablets and Smartphones (Apple, Android, Windows, Blackberry)
- Software including computer applications and tablet/smartphone apps
- Digital Cameras and Handycams
- Home Theater Systems and Remote Controls
- Smart Appliances
- Home Automation
- Internet use including online services, social networking, web services
My coaching help can be used in a number of ways, here are just a few examples of what I’ve already done for clients:
- I can help you learn how to use the consumer technology you own and how to get it working better for you
- I can help you learn the how and why your consumer technology works, so you understand enough about the concepts to be able to solve everyday problems on your own
- I can talk to your child/children about online safety
- I can help you make smart decisions about what consumer technology to buy
- I can create a learning plan for you to help you get smarter about the technology you own, at your own pace
Our coaching goal is for you to become confident and independent in owning and using your consumer technology.
I also offer a few personal technology services – pricing is based on my assessment of your needs, and will be either flat-rate or hourly as appropriate. Services include:
- Personal or small business website design services – I use the popular WordPress content management system for most of my clients, but am amenable to whatever platform you choose.
- Video transfer and DVD duplication services – I can help you transfer your handycam movies or other recorded video onto DVD, and make as many DVD copies as you wish.
- Videography; filming, editing, producing and media mastering – I can help you create most any small video project, a commercial for your small business, promotional videos, small-scale documentary style videos, even personal videos.
- New computer setup and configuration – I can transfer your personal files, install and configure software programs and services, and customize your user experience on your new computer (Mac or PC).
If you’ve ever been frustrated by calling a tech support service, please know that I’m something different – better! “Your Tech Coach” is a real person – me! I’m Chris Gardner who has over 20 years of experience helping people just like you and takes great care in not just helping you, but also treating you with respect. Feel free to check out recommendations others have given me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/practicalhelp. If you don’t have a LinkedIn account, click here to see a copy of those recommendations.
Make an appointment today and let me be Your Tech Coach!